Sunday, September 4, 2011

His love is forever...

I find abundant comfort in knowing that I will never be God's second choice.
Ever feel like you're just not good enough? I'm sure we all have at one point.

It's easy to rely on people.
God gives us each other for a reason.
He gives us relationships and friendships to make us better...to make us stronger.
But how easy it is to rely on the people God brings into our life!
Sometimes God chooses to put people in our life for a short time.
               
                  Ecclesiastes 3:1 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every
                  matter under heaven."

People won't always be around...but luckily, God will.

God loved us yesterday. God loves us today. God will love us tomorrow...and every day after that.
And what's best is that He loves us all the same. We never have to worry about being better than anyone else.
Sure we should strive to be the best we can be, but God won't love us less if we fail now and then.

I know that it hurts when it feels like people are ripped away.
To be ignored by the ones we care about.
To not be their first choice.

But I continue to look to Christ.
Even when I feel like I will never be good enough...like there is always someone who is one step ahead of me.
I belong to Christ. He wants me for all eternity. And He will never turn His face from me.
He loves each of us as if we were the only person in the world.
The God I serve is an unfailing, loving God and He is the only one we can ever fully rely on in this crazy life.

"How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 36:7








No comments:

Post a Comment