Friday, September 16, 2011

they are precious in His sight...

So tonight I was watching the guys' kick some butt in their soccer game when I had the delight of meeting a new friend. First of all I would like to mention that my new friend is 9 years old. =)


I cherish opportunities like these. These friendships are usually just temporary, but they are so beyond precious to me. Well...this little girl's name is Katie and when she asked if she could sit with me of course I said yes! We talked for a good hour about anything that came to mind. She told me about school, soccer, how she loves to make up songs, how she wants to come to Northland some day, how she wants to be a mom when she grows up, and how she loves to braid hair...as soon as she said she loved to braid hair I offered to let her practice on mine, which I believe made her day. =) {...I find that just about every little girl I meet LOVES braiding hair.} Well an hour came and went...I gave her a hug and went on my way.


God seems to give me opportunities like this often and I am so thankful He does! Meeting Katie tonight reminded me of the time in New York this summer as I was waiting for the Fourth of July fireworks to start. I happened to sit by a precious little girl named Leah and we talked for about an hour. She introduced me to her mom and it felt like I knew this little girl my whole life although we had just met.


These moments make me all the more excited to be a mom someday. Whether that be by having one of my own...or by being a foster mom and/or adopting...FINGERS CROSSED AND LORD WILLING! For as long as I can remember God has put it on my heart to adopt and take in children in foster care. I am getting very impatient for the time to come when I am finally able to fulfill this calling!!! And even if God doesn't allow for it to happen right away, I am hoping to someday work in the social work field with adoption or foster care and I am very excited to do this as well. I have such a burden for kids and I love doing whatever I can to make an impact in their lives for Jesus Christ. There are so many children out there who need to know His love!


I am so thankful God has given me so many opportunities to work with kids. I was lucky enough to be a nanny for three beautiful girls the last eight months (whom I miss dearly!), I have been blessed with several young cousins, and I am often blessed with opportunities like the ones mentioned above! Little children are so precious to me and such a beautiful blessing from God. They never cease to make my heart melt time and time again. =)


"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5



No comments:

Post a Comment