Sunday, September 11, 2011

weekend of spontaneity.

This weekend was...well...exactly what I needed. =)


Once upon a time I traveled to Green Bay with some darling friends for a much needed girls' day out...
I got to make a pit stop to see my wonderful sister. I miss her a lot...and she gives great hugs. =)
We then spent the afternoon shopping...which included playing dress up in the mall. I don't know about you, but I am definitely a kid at heart...and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. We filled our bellies at Red Robin and then made our way back to the woodlands...of course we stopped to take pictures...and to get fraps...but we eventually made our way back! It helped to have Jamie girl sitting by my side screaming along to Taylor Swift's crazy, but somewhat relatable ideas about life...
So that concludes day one.
DAY TWO.

I started off by going to church. I'm thinking about trying a new church this semester...so far I'm loving it.
The message this morning was awesome, to say the least. We went through Deuteronomy 8 and discussed how God puts us through adversities so we can grow closer to Him in a whole new way. Here are a few scattered thoughts I wrote down during the message...
~We are to change our perspective...stop looking at the storm you're in, stop looking at the shore ahead, and start looking at GOD.
~We are to humble ourselves and let God do His work HIS way!
~If we truly want to know Him, we will stick with Him and never give up.
~The path He brings us on is not coincidental...it's God's way of teaching us what He wants us to learn.
~God changes us today so we can be used for His glory tomorrow.
~Love Him so all else in the world dims.
~When God puts you through adversities will you still love Him? Trust Him? Obey Him?

I would totally write down my entire page and a half of notes but, well...it's a page and half. =)
God definitely spoke through Pastor Phillips today and I know He spoke to others I know as well!
God is good. Enough said.

Well after church, us girls decided to take a million pictures on a random train stopped near school. Is it illegal to climb on trains? Hmm...I really don't know...haha
We then had a picnic at Reflection Lake which turned into 3 lovely hours of just relaxing...and lots and lots of laughs. P.S. I love sitting by the lake with my feet in the water and just watching the clouds roll by...love it love it love it.
To end the day, we sang my beautiful Irish roommate, Leah, happy birthday as she made a wish and blew out the candles. The day is now over and me and Lindsey are sitting here attempting to get some work done...while finding other fun things to do to keep us from going crazy. =)  Honestly, this weekend was so awesome that I kind of forgot I was in school and had homework to do. Oops!
Well goodnight all! God bless!!! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment