Sunday, December 18, 2011

{.diy christmas button ornament.}

Hello readers! I just wanted to share with you a quick and easy DIY ornament! My good friend Lindsey made this as a Christmas present and I thought it turned out really cute! What you'll need: 

*hot glue gun
*scissors
*fabric
*buttons
*ribbon
*stryofoam ball

1. Cut out strips of fabric and hot glue onto styrofoam ball. The buttons will cover up the fabric so it's okay if there are some wrinkles in the fabric.
2. Completely cover the ball with buttons by applying a dab of hot glue to each one.
3. Cut a piece of ribbon and tie it in a bow. (The length can be adjusted to how big or small you want the bow.) Apply a dab of hot glue to the center and attach the bow to the top of the ornament.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon and hot glue each end directly above the bow to form a loop. (Once again, the length can be adjusted depending on how long you want your ornament to hang down from the tree.)

When you're done, your ornament should look something like this...


There are so many different buttons and ribbons the possibilities are endless. I definitely want to make a few of these this week! I think they would make great gifts!

Have a great Sunday everyone! Only ONE more week until Christmas!!!

6 comments:

  1. love it!

    you received a versatile blogger award :)

    http://breeeex33.blogspot.com/2011/12/first-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your Blog and it is the VERY BEST.
    I will be returning on a regular basis because I love your attitude and what your post.
    Very up-lifting!.... . Just what I need ! :-)
    Thank You !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breanna- Thanks for the award! You're too sweet! =)

    gloW- That makes me so happy to read! I'm glad God could use my blog in that way for you! Thanks for following. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything better than Christmas and buttons?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so well! Love it!

    xoxo,

    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the ornaments so pretty! I having a Homemade Year in 2012 linky party over on my blog Blissful and Domestic and would love for you to link up any of your homemade goodness:>

    Have a fabulous week!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/p/my-homemade-year-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete