Thursday, December 29, 2011

.ordinary.

Today I woke up just like any other ordinary day. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, put on jeans and a sweatshirt, ate some cheerios, and went on my merry way. Well...when I say I went on my merry way, I really mean that I hung around at home all day. Oh, except for my Walmart run...highlight of the day right there! I can't help but think that today was meant to be so much more. Not to be spent hiding inside these walls, but rather living to the fullest doing things I've never done before. Today I felt...I don't know exactly. Burdened with memories, burdened with tomorrows, burdened with walking alone. Last night (technically early this morning) as I was driving home from my friend's house, a song came on the radio that I heard for the first time. The song was "Carry Me To The Cross" by Kutless. Some of the lyrics in this song that I was focusing on are "I'm not alone" and "You carry me every day." I focused on those words all day today. Even though I feel like I could be doing so much more with my life right now, even though I feel like I'm walking alone...I can remember that God has me at this place in life right now for a reason. All things are within HIS timing, and He walks with us through each phase of our lives.

Now that that's off my chest...I hope you all had a great Christmas! I know I sure did! I was able to spend some time with my lovely family and I got some fun presents. God has been good with all He has blessed me with!

Here is a video to "Carry Me To The Cross" in case any of you are interested in hearing it. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment