Monday, January 9, 2012

{.today is tomorrow.}

Today is tomorrow. No you say? Today is today? (Wow, anyone else notice I'm starting to sound like Dr. Seuss? haha) Anyways....let me explain. I stumbled upon this devotional at Proverbs 31 Ministries and it made a point that I haven't really thought about in a while. "Today is tomorrow." Hmm. How many of us have a list of things we need to get done or a goal we want to reach? How often do we say, "I'll just do it tomorrow"? Putting things off has been something I've been struggling with lately. I am constantly making mental notes of things I need to do, but they seem to never get done. There are not only tasks like cleaning the fish bowl and putting away clothes, but also personal goals and changes in my life that I really want to make like spending more time in God's Word, learning how to play guitar, eating healthy, or exercising. My tomorrows seem to never run out. Every day brings a new one which results in putting things off once again. I'm tired of putting things off. The longer I wait, the harder it is to actually start doing something. Starting right now I plan on reminding myself on a regular basis that today is yesterday's tomorrow and I WILL get done what I promised myself I would...or at least try my best! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment