Tuesday, February 26, 2013

breathing in these 74 days.

Seventy-four days.
That's how long I must wait to meet graduation day.

I have this dilemma. One of which I want to make the absolute best of these next seventy-four days but I can't help but wish they would speed up. In seventy-four days I am going to miss this place that has become a home to me. I have made so many memories here and have learned more about life than I ever thought I needed to know. Though I know how much I will miss these days, I am getting bored.

This is my seventh and last semester of college. I have been here for what seems like forever. I am just ready to wake up in the morning and not have to run to class. I am ready to end long days in the comfort of a home. I am ready to find a job and have a steady income. I am ready to eat real food. I am ready to live somewhere that is not the middle of nowhere. I am ready for a change of pace.



I'm craving adventure. I want to face the unknown in life. I want to sail away to uncharted waters and see where the wind takes me.



With all this said, I am truly convicted about not living in the moment. I'm afraid that if I keep wishing my days away that they will truly do just that...disappear. I don't want to look back ten years from now and hit myself in the head for not making something of this time I have at my fingertips. I am a curious wanderer who just wants to keep moving, but I am trying to realize that the adventure I crave is happening right now.

Life doesn't start and stop. It's a constant. Although I might be starting a new chapter in seventy-four days, the chapter I'm in right now plays a significant role in the overall story. So maybe this is the slow part of the story, but it is after all a

part of the story

that should not be taken for granted. My curious bones are still itching to move forward, but I have to learn to enjoy the moment I'm in. There will always be something down the road; a road that doesn't seem to end. Satisfaction in life shouldn't come from running through it as fast as possible, but by taking things slow, breathing them in, and making the absolute most of every moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment